Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Starting on the World Cup

I just learned from my coach that I will be doing my first World Cup this weekend! I will be in the 4x6k women's relay on Sunday in Antholz, Italy. My teammate Maddie, who was also named to the World Cup for this weekend, will compete in the sprint on Friday and have a chance at qualifying for the pursuit on Saturday! (See my previous post for a more in-depth explanation of all of this.) Check out the venue and the event site, here! They are expecting more than 60,000 spectators!


Here is the official announcement from TeamUSA.org/US-Biathlon
"Also on Saturday, U.S. Biathlon announced additional athletes for upcoming international competitions. Joining the women's team for IBU World Cup 6 in Antholz, Italy, Jan. 22-25, will be Maddie Phaneuf (Old Forge, N.Y.) and Clare Egan (Cape Elizabeth, Maine), while Russell Currier (Stockholm, Maine) will join the men's team for that event. Phaneuf and Currier will also compete at the Open European Championships, Jan. 27-Feb. 3 in Otepaa, Estonia, along with Doherty, Nordgren and Casey Smith (Winthrop, Wash.)."

No comments:

Post a Comment