Sunday, February 15, 2015

Update from Oslo

Right now I am in Oslo for World Cup 8. I am working my way up from the very bottom, which gives me an exceptional opportunity to improve. So far this week I did a 15k individual format race which had 4 shooting stages, and a 7.5k sprint format race with two shooting stages.

In the individual I was 82nd with six misses [1p, 1s, 1p, 3s]. I was disappointed with the last stage but otherwise content. Then in the sprint, I narrowly avoided getting last place, finishing 91st with six misses! Six misses out of ten targets is not good. I am trying to focus on what was good, which was the work I did on the course and on the range. I did everything on my checklist and stayed in control the whole time. My misses were really close so I just have to be a tiny bit more precise. I have another opportunity to race today in the women's relay. I will go last for our team and we will try to improve upon our 12th place relay finish from World Cup 6. You can tune in live at 6:15am EST (or replay later) at: http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/ibu/index.html

My friend Ley, who lives in Oslo, came to cheer!
My parents are here too! Here they are with my teammate  Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment