Friday, March 13, 2015

Wednesday Results and Friday Race Info

Wednesday's Individual was the race I am most proud of from this whole year so far. It was my first time shooting 80% (16/20 hits) on the World Cup (and only my 5th time ever), and I notched another top-40 ski time to place 51st. The shooting in the Individual goes prone, standing, prone, standing, and after cleaning the first two stages, I left the range in 9th place!!! It is very motivating to know that if I ski and shoot my best, I can compete with the top ten in the world. It was also only the second time I have ever cleaned a standing stage in competition, so to do so at World Championships felt great. Here's a link to Fasterskier's recap of the women's Individual. 

Shooting standing
Shooting prone, as seen on TV!
My last World Championships race is today, Friday 3/13, at 6:15pm local time/12:15pm EST. It is the women's team relay. Team USA consists of Susan Dunklee, Hannah Dreissigacker, Annelies Cook and me, in that order. In the women's relay event, each person skis a 2k loop, shoots prone, skis another 2k loop, shoots standing, and then skis a third 2k loop and tags off or finishes. For each shooting stage, in addition to the five bullets ("rounds") in the magazine, you can hand-load up to three spare rounds if you need to. If you still have un-hit targets after using eight bullets, you have to ski the corresponding number of penalty laps. Our team's best result so far this year was 12th place. You can watch live or replay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment