Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Fall is Here!

Today marks several important occasions: 
  • The first day of Fall
  • The passing of an entire season of the year (and almost two) during which I did not write a single blog post and am thus impelled to do so immediately
  • The much-lamented initial wearing of socks with shoes
  • The death of my basil plants
  • My realization that the competition season is nearly upon us
Here are a few videos that document my activities from the summer months. Check back soon for a summer summary!

July 26: Testing my maximum aerobic capacity in Ostersund, Sweden. That big yellow bag that collects the air I exhale. 

August 7: Training in the underground ski tunnel in Torsby, Sweden.

August 20: Practicing Life Kinetik skills with certified instructor, Andrea Henkel Burke. From the program's website: "The Life Kinetik formula is simple: perception + brain jogging + physical activity = enhanced performance."

August 25: Just another day at the range. And a clean standing stage caught on video!

August 27: A quick trip to one of my other "homes" in Craftsbury, Vermont. Here I demonstrate one of my hidden talents, Aquaskipping, on Great Hosmer Pond. (Aquaskipper property of Hosmer Point Camp!)

August 31: Speed shooting challenge with the whole National Team. The goal was to hit all five targets as quickly as possible, with the option of hand-loading up to three extra rounds if needed. We did it twice prone and twice standing. This video shows the final standing stage. I may not be the fastest, but I didn't have to use any spares the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment