Sunday, December 8, 2013

One Week to Go!


Here I am racing in the Craftsbury Opener last week. (Check out my blog post about the race.) Today we had our last shooting practice with Algis before we fly to Minnesota for IBU Cup trials. There is less than a week before our first race! We travel on the 11th and return on the 18th. Keep up on results on my Schedule & Results page.

The top male and female from our IBU Cup trials races in Minnesota will likely be selected to race on the IBU Cup. Yesterday we did a time trial and I hit 75% of my targets, which is great for me. Biathlon results record the misses, so my results would read: 0p, 1p, 3s, 1s. I put the p's and s's in there so you would know prone versus standing. If I can shoot that well in MN and ski fast, I think I have a shot at making the IBU team!

My roommate at the trials, who will also be among my competition, is the beautiful Tara Geraghty-Moats of Fairlee, VT. Here she is skiing today, in Craftsbury:


It was a gorgeous sunny Sunday in Vermont- perfect weather for Craftsbury's annual Demo Day. Caldwell Sport, one of the GRP's sponsors, came with an extensive fleet of skis and waxes for people to test trailside.

I was excited to try a pair of skis very similar to one that I will have in my own arsenal for the trials, and even more excited that Zach Caldwell is going to overnight some bindings to me on Monday morning, so that I will be able to use those new skis at the trials. Now for drilling holes in my skis to mount the bindings...

No comments:

Post a Comment