Saturday, January 17, 2015

Second IBU Cup Race


The olde proverb goes: biathlon giveth, and biathlon taketh away. Yesterday at my second IBU Cup, biathlon gaveth! I hit all 10 of my targets. I had never hit all my standing targets in a race before, so to do that on a day when I also hit all my prone targets was pretty special. And do to it on a day when I really needed to-- for my own sanity as well as my goal to qualify for the World Cup-- meant even more. I came in 32nd, struggling to ski fast after being sick last week. But the ski speed will come back sooner or later, and in the meantime I qualified for the pursuit, which was my result goal for the day. I also finished within 15% time back from the leaders, which means I met the IBU's qualification standard for the World Cup.

I am learning that succeeding at a high level in this sport, or probably any sport, really takes a village. There is no way (seriously, NO WAY) I could have turned around after last weekend's debacle and performed well this weekend without all the help I received from coaches, teammates and friends, some of which I mentioned in my previous blogpost.

I am racing in the pursuit today. I am going to try to do all the same things I did yesterday. I also need to try not to get lapped, because if I do I will get pulled from the race and will not be allowed to finish. It is humbling to race with all of these really strong and talented women!

Here is the link to results from the sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment